POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Classic minimalism : Re: Classic minimalism [25 Mb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Classic minimalism [25 Mb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 23 Jul 2005 11:54:20
Message: <42e2682c@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

 > "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
 >
 >> Thomas de Groot wrote:
 >>
 >>> I wanted at least to try a *classic* minimalistic piece. Mesh2,
 >

 > carefully
 >
 >>> painted and hung on the wall.
 >>>
 >>> Thomas
 >>>

 >> Nope, sorry, I think there is way too much there for classic or high
 >> minimalism.  Too much "illusion", too much "gesture".  Unless I am
 >> missing something.
 >

 > As often, I wanted to be a little provocative ;-)
 > So my reference to *classic* can certainly be discussed. Well, perhaps I
 > should call this neo-minimalism....

:)

You took that well
"neo-" is fine with me.

Now it's your turn.

Attached is my own attempt at a classical minimalist raytracing:

Features:
-orthographic camera so it is not a perspective space

-ambient or "pure" color only

-only the "transparency" of the color is varied

-minimalist theme of an interleaved sequence suggesting "stasis"

-use of unit squares unless good reason why not

-use of centered composition unless good reason why not

-use of off-white background because nobody's perfect

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'actual.0001.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'actual.0001.jpg'